Happy New Year from our team at Newcastle Chiropractic Clinic and our sister clinic – City Chiropractic in Stoke on Trent.
A common New Year’s Resolution is be more healthy in the coming year and if you have set this as your resolution our chiropractors at our clinic in Newcastle under Lyme and Stoke on Trent have good news for you. Some simple lifestyle changes can really make a big difference to your health.
Here are our chiropractors top 5 changes you can start to make now:
- Spend less time sitting: Sitting for long periods can have a negative impact on your overall health and the health of your spine. Take regular breaks from sitting whether it’s at your office desk or slouching on the sofa, straighten up and move around.
- Stretch your joints: Improve your flexibility, muscle tone and posture by undertaking regular joint mobility stretches.
- Make exercise a part of your daily routine: This doesn’t need to mean you have to hit the gym every day. Incorporating as little as 30 minutes of walking into your daily routine can make a difference.
- Cut out the processed foods and eat more whole foods: You can start with gradual changes to eliminate low quality foods from your diet and incorporate more fruit, vegetables and whole grains. Be sure to drink plenty of water.
- Be more aware of how you move your body: Often injuries are caused by the simplest of movements, however, being mindful of how our bodies are positioned could eliminate many of these. Maintaining a good posture helps protect the spine so check your posture and straighten up.
And our bonus tip: Visit a chiropractor: Our chiropractors at our clinics in Newcastle under Lyme and Stoke on Trent are passionate about helping you achieve your health goals and live a full and active life.
Why not call the most convenient clinic for you and book an appointment with one of our chiropractors. Contact Newcastle Chiropractic Clinic on 01782 711 191 or City Chiropractic Clinic in Stoke on 01782 848 184.