During pregnancy a woman’s body goes through a lot of changes. Many of these changes will result in extra pressure and stress on the joints of the spine and for some women this can result in back aches and pains.
Some of the more common reasons for back aches and pains during pregnancy include:
- increased lumbar curving due to the increase in weight being carried at the front of the body
- increased breast size
- softening of the muscles, ligaments and tendons due to the release of relaxin leading to an increase in risk of problems resulting from overstretching and lifting
Stretches and exercises may be able to help you during pregnancy and our chiropractor in Newcastle under Lyme recommends that you visit your healthcare professional who should be able to advise you on stretches and exercises that are appropriate for you.
You may also want to do the following if you are experiencing back pain during pregnancy:
- sleep with a pillow between your legs
- get measured for bras regularly to ensure you get the maximum support
- keep your legs elevated as much as possible to offset the extra pressure.
We wish you all the best during your pregnancy.
Not the last the ladies on reception are the kindest ever. The clinic service is a 5 star ???? all round. Thank you ???? ???? ????????
Excellent practice 11/10 all day.